Join Us Saturday, September 8, 2018
Rules of Entry
1. Every carving must have been completed within the 12 months immediately prior to the competition and may not be entered in the same competition in two successive years.
2. Every carving must be an original made by the carver.
3. More than one subject on a single base is considered one entry.
4. A competitor may not enter carvings in more than one competition class.
5. All entries must be made of wood. Glass eyes are acceptable. Other materials may be used as functionally required (i.e., hinges, hasps, drawer pulls, cane tips, etc.).
6. Any/all discrepancies are to be submitted to the Chair, Kawartha Carving Competition by September 30, 2018 in writing with phone number, address, and signature for review by the Competition Committee. The Committee will reply by October 15, 2018.
7. The judges and their immediate families (i.e., spouses and children) are not eligible for the competition.
8. Any entry may be reassigned to another category at the discretion of the judges.
9. Where, in the opinion of the committee, and or judges, there is an excessive number of entries in a category, that category may be split.
10. Carvings will be coded until judging is complete. Identification marks and signatures must be covered.
11. If a carving is the work of 2 or more people, all names must be on the registration and on any place cards or other references during the show. Judges will be made aware that the entry was the work of more than one person. Entries will be judged in the class applicable to the more experienced carver/painter.
12. Judging begins at 10:00 a.m. and is open to the public.
13, Critiques may be given to carvers outside of the judging time period (at the discretion of the judges).
14. Woodburning (pyrography) is not eligible for Best of Class or Best of Show consideration.